Sunday, April 18, 2010

A First Glance at This Week

Every Sunday I sit down for a few minutes with a cup of coffee and look at the week ahead. A moment spent looking at my new year's resolutions, business, family and personal appointments. Here is what I came up with to do this week --

Resolutions -
Celebrate myself; do something for me. This week I'll try a new hair color (maybe go back to my original red hair color not strawberry blonde) and check out a new spring purse (shop my closet first maybe there is one that I forgot about or one I can retro fit. Hmmm?)

Nurture friendships; spend time who people who encourage each other and applaud achievements. Maybe a get-together we haven't done that since February. Also I'll send a hand written note to acknowledge someone's success or good news. (A friend just found out she is going to be a Grandma and card to the expecting parents would be nice.)

Becoming a Healthy Renaissance woman; I have a new recipe to try for dinner and for my lunch. Also I found a new tea to try - still looking for the perfect iced tea for summer. Search the internet to find out how to get my bike ready for riding - finally bike riding weather. I would like to find some new/old music to listen to, I'll ask the kids what they are listening to these days. Does anyone else have ideas?

Business -
Get a Face book fan page for my website. Along with sending out an email newsletter (I have a few signed up, Yeah!)

It is Administrative Professional Day this week I'll have to think on this.....

Family/Personal -
Keep working on the David Bach book plan. This is building on Dave Ramsey’s plan.

Plan something fun for the weekend.

Spring Cleaning; Where? And what?

Earth Day this week what should we do?

Take time to sew.

Lots of things to do and think on but not lots of work just life. I'll share as I go this week...


Just went out to edge the flower beds. Not planting time yet so this is the best time to edge and get a jump on the spring chores. The temperature was in the 50's today, warmer than normal. My father stopped in and mentioned the rhubarb was big enough to pick.



Yes, a fresh rhubarb pie was on his mind. And since it started my mouth watering and my husband smiling I picked some and went in to make a pie. My go-to recipe is from Lisa Yockelson's 'Country Pies' cookbook. (It is part of a three cookbook set including 'Country Cookies' and 'Country Cakes'. A great collection!) A bonus - I was able to use some strawberries I had frozen last summer in the pie. Only two packages left in the freezer enough to last until picking time in 6 or 7 weeks. Sunday dinner is now complete, yum.



A note on this picture of chopping rhubarb. The cutting board is from my niece as a Christmas gift she made for me in middle school shop class. What a dear thoughtful gift - I think I am always chopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment